Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lake Annette





Lake Annette was, for me, a great learning experience about being prepared (or unprepared as the case was with me!). I learned that Kristina Southard is is the "13th Essential" as she brought enough extra clothes, hats, and gloves to keep Dawn and me from freezing to death. I vow to bring Kristina with me on all future hikes. And yes, I vow to bring loads of extra dry clothes, hats, gloves and waterproof stuff with me at all times. Our trek up to Lake Annette was slow enough that even with a 30 pound pack I wasn't staying warm and had not dressed appropriately for the conditions. After two+ hours up, we figured we were really close, but decided to turn around rather than take a chance with hypothermia. Stupid "Junuary" weather! Look how dark it is in our photos. Where is summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment